Little Dewchuch Primary School - Vision
Our ethos at Little Dewchurch combines physical learning, health and cognitive thinking across all key stages. Little Dewchurch's Primary School’s mission statement is ‘Achievement through Effort’. We believe that PE and sport play a key role in personal development and that every child should be provided with opportunities to participate in a wide range of sporting and physical instruction.
Using our grant we support a range of activities – endeavouring to develop physical confidence and support learning that will enhance children’s skills and encourage health and fitness.
We aim to improve concentration, memory, behaviour and academic performance through sport. We want to motivate all children, encourage their personal and team performance and participation, promote confidence and develop positive self-esteem.
At Little Dewchurch Primary School pupils have the chance to compete in sports and other activities; this whole school enhancement encourages fairness, values, responsibility, and respect. Positive social skills and character building is essential for our pupil’s to develop.
At Little Dewchurch the ability of our pupil’s to communicate and to collaborate in various sporting environments can expand their understanding of their own ability. This expansion of knowledge and experience will aid each child to measure and identify their progression in different sporting and physical activities.
The National Curriculum for PE 2014 states:
The national curriculum for physical education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives.
Sports Premium Funding 2017-2018
This year Little Dewchurch has a grant of £17,020
We are spending the Sport Premium Funding 2017-2018 in the following ways
- To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE through the use of sports coaches and dance teachers.
- To attend more sporting events and competitions. During the 2017-18 school year, we aim to continue developing competitive sports and good sportsmanship. Mr Solway (fixture co-ordinator) will be working hard to ensure Little Dewchurch attend as many matches and tournaments as possible!
- To replenish resources and to purchase new resources so that children have a broader experience of a range of sports and activities.
Little Dewchurch Primary Sports Leaders
This year we have already implemented new sports leaders. These children are responsible as 'the voice' of the children. There are two sports leaders from each class. They have been working hard to help and support the teacher in PE lessons.
The after school clubs at Little Dewchurch Primary School, offer a wide range sporting and non-sporting activities. The activities provide children with opportunities to participate in physical activities and creative arts and crafts learning. Some of our clubs were enhanced with professional coaches to support and guide the children.
The Afterschool Clubs Coordinator, sends out termly letters to allow children to choose clubs they are interested in attending.
Sport Clubs at Little Dewchurch Primary School 2017-2018
Dance with Emma Dolloway
Multi-sports with Mr Harris